Sunday 25 February 2018

Finding Somewhere To Walk in Ottawa

I was thinking there must be an app that will tell me suggestions for local walks. I think what I am craving is the equivalent of what I would call in England, a long country walk. There are of course loads. The first one on my list was the app for alltrails.com.

The closest suggestion on the list, is called the Ottawa River Pathway Western Section. It is described by the site as "a 35.1 kilometer heavily trafficked out and back trail" and suitable for "scenic driving". Looking on google maps, this does appear to be along a featureless main road. I'm hoping this isn't really what is considered a trail and I'm slightly confused, but I think I can cross this one off the list.

Number two looks more promising, the New Edinburgh Heritage Walking Tour. This is a walk around the older houses in the area. It might be interesting to see the heritage architecture.

Then we have the Rideau River Eastern Pathway.
This sounds like there will be some walking by roads, but we have this picture which looks like I would succeed in surrounding myself at least part of the way.
Taken by "Schvenn Meister" on alltrails.com

Sentier des Voyageurs in Par Mousette.

The description reads "...trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding...". Which sounds great, but it is very short and I'm not sure this is worth the distance to get there.

Finally we have Rideau Trail: Deschenes Rapids to Old Richmond Rd. This looks like an actually walk in nature, having been tagged with "forest" and "camping".

No comments:

Post a Comment